Organ console repair, restoration and updating services.
Klann Organ Supply has over it’s 100+ years developed a reputation for building many of the finest traditional organ consoles in the world. The same skills and knowledge we use to build our own consoles are also available to you, the organ builder in your organ rebuilding and restoration projects.
The scope of our possible involvement for the organ builder in his projects may range from replacing the nameboard and side jams, to replacing the entire interior including the combination and organ control system.
We will quote in a timely fashion all operations needed to be performed after the scope and details of the work and materials are defined.
The above before and after pictures are of a recent console rebuild which included the following:
- Install, wire and test new console control system.
- Touch up and spray console shell exterior
- New nameboard
- Mount and wire new contact rails on existing manuals
- Refinish keycheeks and replace interior panels as needed
- New keyslips with MP47 thumb pistons.
- Modify toe panel to accept additional toe pistons and an additional expression pedal
- New music rack base to attach to existing back
- Installed additional components such as key locking switches, lights, engraved plates etc
In a lot of cases the existing shell may be in good shape and only the interior needs to be replaced. We can supply the complete interior package which would include the manual keyboards, nameboard and/or side jambs and filler panels or any portion of the above. We can also supply these unwired or wired to the console control system of choice.